deep fried dough with a coconut, cooked sugar filling.
Don't you love how I ate almost all of it and then remembered to take a picture....lol!
12 oz. jar chili sauce
8.5 oz. guava jelly
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
3 Tablespoons guava juice
To taste: garlic and pepper seasoning
1. In a small, microwave-safe bowl place all the contents of the guava jelly and microwave on high power for 1 minute intervals until the jelly has melted down.
2. In another small bowl, add the chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and guava juice. Add all the contents of the melted guava jelly.
3. Whisk until well combined. Season to taste with the garlic and pepper seasoning.
Taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve in an airtight container.
* 24 large raw shrimp, peeled
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 eggs slightly beaten
* 3 cups shredded coconut
* 24 – 6 inch wooden skewers
Insert one skewer in each shrimp leaving 2-3 inches of the skewer protruding..
Dredge shrimp in flour, then in eggs.
Roll the shrimp through shredded coconut, covering them thoroughly.
Deep fry shrimp at about 375 F, until they are brown.
If desired serve with the Guava cocktail sauce.