Cassava(This can be purchased already grated at some asian or latino markets)
Coconut Milk (Canned works just fine)
Bit of brown sugar and butter
2. Do the same with the Coconut, then squeeze the milk out of the coconut.
3. Mix the scraped cassava with sugar to make it a nice brown color
4. Add the coconut milk to create a thick mixture
5. Rub the inside of a cake pan with butter to prevent sticking**see below
6. Put it straight away into a hot oven - this is not a bread so the cake takes about 45 minutes to make.
7. The cake should have a firm but moist and soft feel and be brown on top with a thin skin.
8. Cut and enjoy!
Cassava cake is delicious and is normally served with afternoon tea or breakfast.